This page contains links to biographical databases, sketches of Connecticut Governors and of Judges & Attorneys, resources to research past Connecticut General Assembly members and State Officials, as well as indexes to biographical files that are available at the library. Keep in mind that most biographical entries are for well known historical figures (think George Washington), or prominent Connecticut people (think Governor Ella Grasso or actor William Gillette). If you find a name in one of our indexes, please contact us. We may be able to have copies made and sent to you.
Members of the General Assembly
- Connecticut General Assembly Database
- Evening Post Annual – Biographical Sketches of State Officers, Online 1882-1889, 1892, 1895
- Goodwin’s Annual Legislative Statistics of State Officers, Senate, and House of Representatives of Connecticut , 1850-1880
- Roll of State Officers and Members of General Assembly of Connecticut, from 1776 to 1881
- Taylor’s Souvenir of the State Capitol, various titles, 1897-1898 , 1899-1900, 1901-1904 , 1905-1906 , 1907-1912
Researching your family history? Go to our main History & Genealogy page to see what resources might be helpful with your search.