Congratulations go out to the 5 public libraries that were awarded library construction grants by the Connecticut State Library Board on Monday, November 28. The Board approved these projects:
- Bridgeport Public Library – New Construction of Branch Library $1,000,000
- Enfield Public Library – Maintenance/HVAC $249,836
- Seymour Public Library – Code compliance & energy conservation $112,500
- Sharon, Hotchkiss Library of – Accessibility, code compliance, remodeling $75,000
- Stratford Library Association – Major Alteration (Children’s Area) $333,705
Total grants awarded: $1,771,041
Once the libraries have raised their local funding, the State Bond Commission will consider final approval of state funding. See the library construction grant program for more information, or contact Tom Newman, firstname.lastname@example.org 860-757-6573.