Connecticut State Library
Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
The mission of the Connecticut State Library, Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped (LBPH), is to make available, in formats accessible to blind and physically handicapped readers, books and magazines representative of the range of print materials typically found in a public library, by:
- Lending braille, recorded books, and playback equipment supplied by the Library of Congress, National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped (NLS).
- Augmenting the national collection with books produced by Connecticut’s and other states’ volunteer recording programs.
- Guiding its readers to sources of braille and recorded books not included in its own collection.
- Providing reference and referral services to its readers.
- Maintaining close ties with libraries, government and private agencies that serve handicapped people.
- Reaching out to eligible persons.