The State Library will donate any items on the Offers List to:
- public libraries
- academic or school libraries
- special libraries
- law libraries
- historical societies
- genealogical societies
- Connecticut state agencies including state prison libraries
- any other libraries in Connecticut
We regret that we are unable to offer library materials for personal use. Individuals are not eligible to request books.
Condition of materials
These are ex-library books in used condition. They may have library call number labels and property stamps.
Subject to Availability
Books will be available to eligible Connecticut state agencies and institutions beginning on the Date Posted on a first come, first served basis. Out-of-state libraries may submit requests 30 days after the Date Posted on the Offers List. Books not requested after 60 days of posting will be removed from the Offers List.
To Submit a Request
Please email your selections to CSL.CollServ@ct.gov
Please include the following contact information in your email:
- Library name:
- Mailing address:
- Contact person:
- Phone number:
- Email address:
In your request, please specify one of the following methods of shipping/delivery:
- Connecticar or Interdepartmental Mail, as guidelines permit
- Visit the State Library to pick up the books
- Shipping charged to your institution
- An invoice can accompany the shipment for the cost of postage plus a $3.00 handling charge.
Please direct all questions regarding the Connecticut State Library Offers List to CSL.CollServ@ct.gov