TABLE OF CONTENTS
RG 139, Connecticut Optometric Society
Inventory of Records
Finding aid prepared by Connecticut State Library staff.
Copyright © 2009 by the Connecticut State Library
The Connecticut Optometric Society, formerly known as the Connecticut State Optical Society, was organized July 29, 1908. The objectives of the Society are, “to encourage a higher standard of education in the science of Optometry, to keep abreast of the rapid advancement along these lines, to diffuse optical and optometrical knowledge and promote friendly intercourse among optometrists and opticians, to safeguard the material interests of the profession of optometry, to assist in securing the enactment and enforcement of Optical Legislation, and to enlist and direct public opinion in regard to the problem of optometrical science.” The Society is now known as the Connecticut Association of Optometrists (CAO).
The records include minutes of meetings, correspondence, reports, membership lists, and general records of the Society.
Restrictions on Access
These records are stored at an off-site facility and therefore may not be available on a same-day basis.
Restrictions on Use
See the Reproduction and Publications of State Library Collections policy.
Connecticut Optometric Society
Connecticut Optometric Society -- Records and correspondence
Opticians -- Connecticut
Optometrists -- Connecticut
Optometry -- Societies, etc
Volumes one and two were presented to the Connecticut State Library on June 26, 1929 by R.R. Gwillin of Meriden, Connecticut, representing the Connecticut Optometric Society. The records were transferred from the catalogued collection on December 11, 1975.