Protect Yourself When Shopping Online
With Cyber Monday coming up a week from today (December 2, 2013), now is the time to plan and put in place any protects you might need.
The State of Connecticut and the Federal government have resources to help you. Included are some documents from 2012 and 2011.
Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection
- On Cyber-Monday and Every Day, Take Precautions When Shopping Online
- Department of Consumer Protection’s 12 Online Shopping Tips for “Cyber-Monday“
- Resources to Help You Stay Safe Online
- Consumers – links to specific issues
Attorney General’s Office
- Shopping from Home or Online
- Shopping Online – Know your consumer rights when shopping online or when using catalogs
- OnGuard Online
- Tips for Using Public Wi-Fi Networks
- File a Consumer Complaint
- 2013 Consumer Action Handbook
- Complaints: U.S. Postal Service (USPS)