Print copy available in Connecticut Documents Collection En90 com 2011- 2016
Agency description: “The Statewide Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan (SCORP) is a planning document that identifies outdoor recreation issues of statewide significance and evaluates the supply of and the demand for outdoor recreation resources and facilities in Connecticut. The SCORP provides unified guidance to state and municipal officials as they develop and expand outdoor recreation opportunities for their respective constituents.”
The Plan includes concise overview of Connecticut’s:
- Demographics (continues on following pages)
- Ecological and Developmental History
The document presents the methodology and assessment of demand and supply.
Part II presents the plan with six equally important major goals:
- The Green Plan: Guiding Land Acquisition and Protection in Connecticut.
- Connecticut will protect and restore the natural resources that are fundamental to quality outdoor recreation experiences.
- Connecticut will protect and restore its cultural and historical resources.
- Connecticut will maximize public access to outdoor recreation resources.
- Connecticut will maximize the variety of outdoor recreation resources.\
- Connecticut will engage in public outreach to better inform residents and visitors about the availability of outdoor recreational resources and of the many personal and community benefits of participation.